Thursday, March 4, 2010

Baking

Yep, I love to bake. I love making cupcakes and drop cookies. They are so easy to make and split into individual portions. Then I can make different frosting with different flavors. And, what I don't want to eat, I can send away to friends.

While I love cakes, they are too time consuming and then I have to eat the whole thing. I mean, my family has to eat the whole cake.

Once I made a cake that I didn't like. I didn't taste good. My son absolutely adored it though, so I said he could look at it a bit but then I was going to toss it. His face bent inward and crinkled with horror. "WHAT!?" He demanded. "NO!!!"

'Wow.' I thought to myself. I guess chucking a cake is the worst imaginable thing possible to a child. "Ok, ok, we can keep it around for a bit. But the flavor isn't good and blah, blah, blah." He only heard: we can keep it around for a bit.

Flash forward to the next day. I was doing something int he kitchen and my son came tearing out of his room at top speed while he yelled out, "The cake, where's the cake?" He spied it sitting on the counter and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment