Monday, March 29, 2010

Left Over Sour Cream

I have a bunch of left over sour cream and decided to bake some kind of sour cream chocolate creation for my husband. When I asked him to name his favorite chocolate cake, he merely said all of them. Well, ok then. So, I decided to make a chocolate cake that had the most sour cream.

The one that I made is called Black Chocolate Party Cake. The recipe is from Rose's Heavenly Cakes (by Rose Beranbaum, author of The Cake Bible). This cake really is dense, tender, and very chocolaty. I added some things to enhance the flavor, such as espresso in the cake and Kahlua in the glaze. This one truly melts in your mouth. Even I like it and I'm not a huge chocolate fan.

Since it will be my husband's birthday in late April, we decided to light a candle and sing to him. I'm really happy that he liked it. Plus chocolate is supposed to be an aphrodisiac, so maybe I'll get lucky tonight!

2 comments: