Monday, April 19, 2010

What I love About Spring

The thing that I love the most about Spring is the fresh smell in the air. If hope were to have a smell, it would smell like Spring. The sweet air swirls and carries the scent of unfolding flowers. Sometimes, the air is tinged with winter's wicked chill and sometimes the sun comes out to banish it. In Springtime, you need a rain jacket and a t-shirt just in case the sun comes to warm your back.

I love the beautiful blossoms. I love seeing people out in their gardens snipping here and there, planting flowers, reshaping a garden that got pushed around by winter. Speaking of the word winter, it doesn't deserve to be capitalized. Yeah, I know we need winter in order to have Spring but I still don't have to capitalize the damn word.

Maybe it's the vitamin D that I've been taking but right now, I feel alive and happy. I love my garden and my husband is building a new fence. It looks good. Oh Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment