Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Those Books That I'm "Reading" Right Now

I have a pile by the bedside and if the mood strikes me to read about luscious cakes, then I read about that. If I feel like I need a sassy narrative about her year of cooking with Julia, then I read that. Today, I saw this HUGE and I do mean HUGE tome in the cookbook section. Well, I just had to check it out. Turns out it's a whole 500 plus pages of the life and times of one of the most famous chefs in the word. In fact, his restaurant is rated the best in the world and it's damn hard to come by a rez. You can't just call up Ferran and ask for Friday at 7. Oh no. You need to plan years, yes, I said years in advance. You see, they only have 8000 reservations a year and they have over 200,000 people vying for those spots. So, yes, I checked it out. Who ever saw a 500 plus page cookbook? Oh yeah, it's hard bound and is 9" by 11", that's right. It looks like a dictionary. I'm happy to say that it has lots of glossy pix and only smaller inserts of text. At least it fits in with my lazy reading style. I'll write more on this book find later.

So, yeah, I've always got some book going on how to make a better kid, I mean how to make him do what I want, I mean how to make him behave better. And of course, I always have a dessert cookbook or two that I read because my husband LOVES sweets and I love my husband and I want to make him sweet things.

No comments:

Post a Comment