Friday, July 2, 2010

I should be cleaning the house

But I'm not. I'm sitting here writing about something that I love and that's ghost stories. Imagine a ghostly voice saying, "Wooooooo, woooooo, woooooooo." Yes, I do love ghost stories. I've loved them from a very young age. I think that comes from my mom telling us all kinds of ghost stories during those dark and stormy San Jose, CA nights (ok, there weren't that many stormy nights but there were lots of ghost stories).

Yes, I watch Ghost Whisperer, not for the cleavage (though there is a lot of good cleavage in that show) but I watch it for the ghostie things that happen. Ghostie, not ghostly or ghastly. It's not scary and there's not a lot of blood, maybe a dab here or there. The ghosties can pop in and out when they try to get Melinda to help them but sometimes they don't know they need help, much like many of the living.

The shows are predictable and that's OK with me. I also have to suspend my beliefs about the world in order to watch and that's OK too. My mind needs a break from hearing about road side bombs killing another soldier or hearing that my niece's mom pushed her onto a hard surface actually hurting her back. Oh yeah, while my niece was pregnant, no less. The world can suck but it sucks a little less when I can watch shows like Ghost Whisperer where they work things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment