Friday, January 29, 2010

My Pal

When I first met my friend Ann, I was in college. I'd had best friends before but being friends with Ann was something special. She was the kind of person who made you feel worthy and special just for being you. She sees positive attributes in everyone she meets. She has a great sense of humor and she cares about humanity. She's probably intensely upset about the earthquake in Haiti. She is the kind of person who creates a delicious meal, sets a simple and lovely table, and shares it with friends.

When we'd hang out, we wouldn't really do anything specifically. It was more about being near each other and sharing. We'd ride bikes around, pick flowers, watch TV, drink coffee, cook things. Normal stuff.

She was the first friend that I had who actually voiced the words, "I really like you, Camille." I was really astounded when she told me that. I appreciate that Ann told me how she felt. In the past, I had just assumed that my friends liked me. But she made me see how important it is to tell people how you feel about them. I told her I really liked her too. We were bonded from that moment and I still feel close to her, even though we don't live in the same city or  talk as often as I'd like.

She is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime kind of friend. I miss my pal. I wish we could spend idle time gathering moments. I wish we could spend time cooking stuff. I wish we could be having coffee right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment